Expanding the Movement
BADAS and its Affiliated Associations
- Chandpur Diabetic Association has planned to
1) establish a 100 bedded full-fledged Diabetic Hospital with various wards for Indoor treatment. 2) improve the existing diabetic related health care facilities for the people of Chandpur and surrounding districts. 3) provide low cost and free of cost medical service to at an affordable cost (30% poor patient)
- Chapainawabganj Diabetic Association has a plan to expand their hospital from 20 to 50 beds, a Nursing Institution and Non- Government Medical College. A Eye Department has been started with Eye Equipment donated by Kazi Akram Uddin, Chairman, Standard Bank Ltd & Chapainawabgnaj Diabetic Somiti.
- Chitagong Diabetic Association has planned to build up a multi-storied Hospital complex facility with modern equipments for 250 bedded hospital with all sorts of necessary treatment facilities, Medical College, Nursing Institute, Research Center, Modern Library, Rehabilitation Center, Patients friendly Gymnasium, School for Juvenile patients, Prayer Hall etc for rendering blatant nursing to the patients of all cases.
- Rajshahi Diabetic Association: It has a Nursing Institute and has a plan to establish a private medical college
- Panchagarh Diabetic Association is trying for opening 100 bedded Hospital Including Radiology, Pathology, Neonatal, Post Operative, Delivery and Gynae, Eye and Diabetic unit. DPP has submited in the Ministry of Social Welfare which is under process.
- Netrakona Diabetic Association Construction of a 50 Bedded Netrakona Diabetic Hospital is underway with ADP grant on the purchased land at Malnee. The project is sponsored by Ministry of Social Welfare, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, now being jointly implimented by Social Welfare Dept and Netrakona Diabetic Association.
- Comilla Diabetic Association: Has established Nursing Institute in the Diabetic Hospital and Construction of Nursing Hostel and Extension of bed capacity up to 100 beds is underway. The Institute is running now for the 5th year.
- Feni Diabetic Association Establishment of a Nursing Institute and Medical Asstt. Training Institute will be completed by the year of 2017 & Medical College by 2018. They have undertaken a construction project for 15 storied building to create further accomodation facilitiesq.
Activities at a glance
NHN Centres/ Hospital at new location
In near future NHN is planning to setup more Healthcare Centres, Hospitals and Nursing Colleges, such as
- Shahid Khalek & Major Salek Ibrahim General Hospital at Haturpara, Dohar, Dhaka.
- Fifty beded Diabetes, Endocrine and Metabolic Hospital for Women & Children at Uttara.
- Ashraf - Ibrahim General Hospital, Medical College and Nursing Institute in Shyamnagar, Satkhira.
- Khagan, Ashulia
On the occasion of World Diabetes Day on 14th November and 60th Anniversary of Diabetic Association of Bangladesh on 28th February Essay competitions were organized by BADAS among the students of various Medical Institutes of BADAS. Student from Faridpur Medical College (Mirza Sanzida Sultana) won the first Prize in the essay competition organized on 14th November.
Kidney and Liver Transplant Unit
has achieved 7 Living related donor Kidney transplantation from July 2014 to June 2015. Total number of Living related donor Kidney transplantation from November 2004 to June 2016 is 122
A medical call center staffed by qualified personnel ran 24 hours, 7 days a week and gave medical advice over phone and generated e-prescription to the insured workers. Right now BADAS has introduced a universal call center Ibrahim Health-Line with a large number of registered members.
Nursing Award Ceremony
Twelve nurses of different hospitals of Diabetic Association of Bangladesh were given Mahbub - Uz - Zaman Award - 2016, for special contribution to nursing profession at a function organized by Bangladesh Diabetic Association at BIRDEM Auditorium on 12 May 2016.
Department of Cardiac Surgery of ICHRI
The cardiac Surgery Department encompasses 39 inpatient beds. 08 beds are used for post operative Intensive Care Unit (ICU), 06 beds for Step-down ICU ,13 beds are used for post operative care, 12 beds are for pre operative care for the treatment.
Dental Unit, BIRDEM Update
- Major Oral and maxillofacial surgeries (Oral cancer, facial fractures, Benign tumors, Large cyst, others) under General Anesthesia has started.
- Maxillofacial prosthesis (Obturator) services have been started.
- Pulpectomy/ Pulpotomy have been started.
Equipment Maintenance Department of BIRDEM
- Installed Newly Electro Medical Equipments
- ICU: Syringe Pump, ECG Machine
- CCU: Multi-parameter patient Monitor with Central Monitoring System & Syringe Pump.
- Operation Theater: Multi-parameter patient Monitor, Anesthesia Machine.
- Biochemistry & Cell Biology: HPLC Machine.
- Blood Bank: Refrigerated Centrifuge.
- Radiology & Imaging: 128 Slice CT Scan Machine.
- General Laboratory: Automatic Biochemistry Analyzer.
- Sub Station: LT switchgear, HT Switchgear, Automatic PFI plant.
- Different Ward: Pulse Oximeter, ECG Machine.
Information Management Unit (IMU)
- Automation of all laboratory of BIRDEM hospital through LIS.
- Compurarized archieve system of old patient's history sheet has been introduced.