CONTRIBUTING TOWARDS REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT
|Foreign Students at IMC||11|
|Foreign Students at BUHS||21|
EXCHANGE OF VIEWS
International Conferences attended by the Doctors and Allied Health Professionals:
- Antenatal corticosteroids to reduce mortality associated with preterm birth: Research and planning for LMIC, September 2-3, 2015 in Washington,USA
- Global Maternal Newborn Health Conference on October 18-21, 2015 in Mexico City.
- PESON Conference on 24-27 February, 2016 in Kathmandu, Nepal
- Broad Retreat of the Partnership for Mother & Child Health (PMNCH) on Februray 29 to March 6, 2016 in Johanesburg, South Africa
- Partnership for Mother & Child Health (PMNCH) on 19-21 April in London.
- Medical Writing from Indian Institute of Public Health, Delhi, India on May 24-27, 2016
- 14th Congress of Asian Society of Transplantation (CAST) August 2015. Singapore.
- 12th world Congress on Dentistry and Oral Health, August 4-5, 2016 Manchester UK.
- “AOCMF seminar- advances in orthognathic surgery.” Organized by AOCMF at Kathmandu, Nepal on 3rd to 5th February 2016.
- 14th European Congress of Internal Medicine at Moscow, Russia. In October 2015.
- “ESC”, London, 27th August– 4th September, 2015.
- “Real life Hepatitis B meeting” in Hangzhou, China from Sept 8-9, 2015.
- 25th Conference of the APASL held at Tokyo, Japan from Feb 19-22, 2016.
- 2nd International Conference on Critical Care Medicine, September, 2015.
- 16th Congress of International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis at Melbourne, Australia, from 27th February to 1st March 2016.
- International Congress of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Seoul, South Korea, from 28th April to 1st May 2016.
- Asian-Oceanian Parkinsons and Movement Disorders Congress, Manila, 2016
- 18th Congress of Asia Pacific Association of Critical Care Medicine (APACCM), Jaipur, India.
- Young Physician Leadership Programme organized by IAMP (Inter Academy Medical Panel) in Berlin, Germany on August 2015
- World Health Summit 2014 on “How to make Research Activities attractive to Young Physicians”
- 3rd SG-ANZICS Intensive Care Forum 2015 on “Sustained Low Efficiency Dialysis in the ICU Patients with AKI: Experience in a resource poor country”
- ESC Congress 2015 on 27th August to 4th September 2015.
- European Association for the Study of Diabetes, Stockholm, Sweden on 14-18th September 2015.
- 5th World Congress on Controversies in Diabetes, Obesity and HTN- Held on 4th-8th November 2015 at Istanbul, Turkey
- ACC 2016, on 1st – 5th April 2016 at Chicago USA.
- CODHy- The 3rd China Congress on Controversies to Consensus in Diabetes Obesity and Hypertension, at Shanghai, on May 19-21, 2016.
- 33rd annual conference of European Society for Paediatric Infectious Disease (ESPID), Leipzig, Germany.
- Conference on “Asian Congress on Paediatric Infection disorder” at Beijing, China attended by Srilanka College of Paediatrician & 2nd SAPA conference at Colombo, Srilanka, 2015.
- Conference on “APPES & APEG Joint Conference” at Darwin, Australia, 2015
- International seminar of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons (1st – 4th October, 2015, Mumbai, India)
- 43rd Annual Conference of Research Society for the study of Diabetes in India, Lucknow, India, 30th October to 1st November, 2015.
- 9th International conference of Hernia Society of India. HISCON 2015- 10-12 September 2015, Hyderabad.
- “1st CLBS Symposium and Liver Transplant Workshop” organized by Center for Liver and and Biliary Sciences of Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India- September 25-27, 2015.
- 35th Congress of SociétéInternationaled’Urologie held on 15–18 October, 2015 in Melbourne, Australia.
- American Urological Association's 2016 Annual Meeting, May 6 - 10, 2016 in San Diego, CA. USA.
- 2nd Biennial Meeting of the South Asian Society for Sexual Medicine (SASSM). Dec 5, 2015 - Dec 6, 2015.
- International Conference on Head-Neck Onco-Surgery, 11-13th September, 2015 At Nagpur, India.
- International Conference on Sleep surgery at Mumbai, India on 1-3 April 2016.
- 74th Annual Conference of ‘All India Ophthalmological Society’ AIOS held on 25th February – 28th February, 2016 at Kolkata, India.
- 3rd Asia pacific Glaucoma Congress, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 14-16th July 2016.
- 43rd European Association for the Study of Diabetes Annual Meeting, Venue: Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2015
- 53rd European Renal Association-European Dialysis and Transplant Association (ERA-EDTA) Congress, May 2016. Vienna, Austria.
Collaboration of BADAS with different International Organizations/ Universities for Funding
- DaAn Health, China
- Aga Khan Foundation
- World Diabetes Foundation
- Self-funding of CGHR
- FAO, Bangladesh Office
- Ministry of Science and Technology
- University of Oslo, Norway
- Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
- Rotary Clun of Metropoliton, Dhaka
- Swiss Tropical Institute
- Taras Shevcheoko National University of Kyiv
- University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines
Collaboration of BIRDEM with Dhaka University for Funding
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Department of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology of Dhaka University (DU) and BIRDEM General Hospital, Dhaka was signed on September 27, 2016 at the Vice-Chancellor’s office to foster research collaboration. Treasurer of DU Prof. Dr. Md. Kamal Uddin and Director General of BIRDEM General Hospital Prof. Dr. Nazmun Nahar signed the MoU on behalf of their respective institutions.
According to the MoU, DU and BIRDEM will work together to establish Bio-bank of Bangladesh (BBB) for ensuring better health of general people. The two institutions will jointly conduct clinical research to discover diseases of the patients.
Besides, they will work together to strengthen innovative capacities of each other in this regard. DU Vice-Chancellor Prof. Dr. AAMS Arefin Siddique stressed the need for development of public health quality in the country. He urged the researchers to conduct research for development of public health sector. BBB will be a major national health resource with the aim of improving the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of serious illness including diabetes and cancer, he hoped.
It may be mentioned that Bio-bank is a collection of biological samples and health information. It plays a crucial role in biomedical research in the world.
Collaboration between Centre for Global Health Research, BADAS and Telenor and CT Health Ltd, Bangladesh
- Health awareness
- Digital Tools for screening and management
- Exchange Programs
- Primary care access
- Tertiary care coordination
A research wing of Diabetic Association of Bangladesh
Aims of the project:
- To create a center of excellence for epidemiological and clinical studies with special focus on diabetes and related cardiometabolic diseases.
- To develop strategies for prevention and care of diabetes and related NCDs.
- To have an authoritative voice for development of guidelines in the related disciplines for Bangladesh.
- To develop both national and international networks for global health research for non- communicable diseases.