Skilled Manpower in Health Care DelivaryBIRDEM Nursing Department Training Activities
- Nineteen Nurses participated three days Training of Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) at BSMMU and Shushu Hospital, Dhaka
- Twelve Nurses participated 4 days 'training program of “Breast Feeding” at BIRDEM General Hospital- 2 HPNSDP under NNS-OP.
- Four Nurses participated one day Workshop on “Bio-Safety and Infection Control” at IEDCR, Dhaka.
- Eight Nurses participated in a training course named “Orientation on Hospital Infection Control and Bio-Safety Guidelines” organized by WHO at Mohakhali Health Institute, Dhaka and BIRDEM-2
- One Nurse attended “A Refresher workshop for LFC participant” at BNC provided by DFATD
- One Nurse attended one day meeting of Bangladesh Nursing Leadership Network (BNLN) Steering Committee, Dhaka provided by OFATD
- Sixty Seven Nurses Participated at two days Conference on Critical Care Medicine (CCM) at IDEB , Dhaka
- Forty Two Nurses attended Training program "Infection Control Program (ICP) and In-service Education Program divided by seven batch at BIRDEM 14th floor class Room.
In pursuit of excellence in GDM awareness programs:
More than 1473 health care providers have been trained from 08 training programs organized in Dhaka (phase 1 & Phase 2), Rajshahi, Tangail, Sylhet, Mymensingh, Faridpur & Barishal over the period.
A total no of 24 round table advocacy meetings were conducted in Dhaka, Narayanganj, Munshiganj, Savar, Tangail, Rajshahi, Chapainawabganj, Natore, Noagaon, Sylhet, Sunamganj, Habiganj , Moulvibazar, Mymensingh, Sherpur, Jamalpur, Netrokona, Faridpur, Rajbari, Madaripur, Shariatpur, Jhalokathi, Barishal & Pirojpur. 07 awareness symposiums were conducted in Dhaka, Rajshahi, Sylhet, Tangail, Mymensingh, Faridpur and Barishal where we have reached 3800 health care professionals for building awareness on GDM equipped with appropriate BCC strategies.
The project has also completed 18 mass awareness programs in Dhaka, Rajshahi, Sylhet, Mymensingh,Tangail, Faridpur and Barishal division. For the mass awareness program, we have organized day celebration in different educational institutes and road side cultural shows on open vehicles touring around various places to impart the messages on GDM.
As a part of manpower training EDC provides diabetes health education to the diabetic patients and their family members attending at APs chamber by the health educators from the nearest Affiliated Associations.